Sports Car Enthusiasts of Northwest Arkansas

HomeHome  Portal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Official Mustang VS Camaro Thread

Go down 
+6
yellowebo
SmokeytheBear
Flatty
blueovalsoldier
Hashish
302Stang
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
notquiteahoe
ChadBroChill87
notquiteahoe

The Official Mustang VS Camaro Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Mustang VS Camaro Thread   The Official Mustang VS Camaro Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 11:12 am

So were you joking about the plastic too?....Or do you believe your curves are molded in steel like the days of olde? guitar
Back to top Go down
Hashish

Hashish

PostSubject: Re: The Official Mustang VS Camaro Thread   The Official Mustang VS Camaro Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 11:18 am

I was mistaken thinking the front fenders were metal. The rear fenders ARE metal however, as is the hood. My point was that the 4th gen Fbodys were not as fat as many may think
Back to top Go down
Pace

Pace

PostSubject: Re: The Official Mustang VS Camaro Thread   The Official Mustang VS Camaro Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 1:32 pm

Hashish wrote:
yea I had a retard moment. my bad. I do know that a turd gen camaro/firebird weighs in around 300lbs less than my car.

4th gens were the heaviest production F-bodies. 5th gens are the heaviest production Camaros, but are Zeta platform. IIRC, 3rd gens were some of the lightest generation cars with the heaviest models weighing in the upper 34xx lbs (350 5.7 Auto GTAs) and the lightest in the 31xx lbs (later 3rd gen Camaro coupes).

4th gen front fenders are a type of plastic (possibly ABS, don't remember right now). Bumpers are urethane, doors and spoiler/hatch are fiberglass, quarter panels and hood are metal.
Back to top Go down
Hashish

Hashish

PostSubject: Re: The Official Mustang VS Camaro Thread   The Official Mustang VS Camaro Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 2:50 pm

I though the 3rd gens were light as well, but daves weighed in at 3900lbs IIRC with him in it, that is about 3750. Mine is 3500 roughly. (3900lbs with my fat ass and my girlfriend)
Back to top Go down
mr taco
2JZ? No Shit!!
mr taco

Personal Title : MegaSquirt me

PostSubject: Re: The Official Mustang VS Camaro Thread   The Official Mustang VS Camaro Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 4:43 pm

i was with dave when we weighed it, we stepped out of the car and it was about 3300 i think. Definitely not 3700 without him in it..
Back to top Go down
red88supra

red88supra

PostSubject: Re: The Official Mustang VS Camaro Thread   The Official Mustang VS Camaro Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 3:43 pm

mr taco wrote:
i was with dave when we weighed it, we stepped out of the car and it was about 3300 i think. Definitely not 3700 without him in it..

where do you guys weigh your cars at?
Back to top Go down
Hashish

Hashish

PostSubject: Re: The Official Mustang VS Camaro Thread   The Official Mustang VS Camaro Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 3:50 pm

at Highland Dairy on 15th st. you can usually just drive up onto the scale at night without anyone saying anything
Back to top Go down
Hashish

Hashish

PostSubject: Re: The Official Mustang VS Camaro Thread   The Official Mustang VS Camaro Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 3:55 pm

mr taco wrote:

Oh, well I talked to him and he was really disappointed about his cars weight and I know the weight he told me was more than my car, but who knows
Back to top Go down
Pace

Pace

PostSubject: nom nom nom   The Official Mustang VS Camaro Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 2:03 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Mustang VS Camaro Thread   The Official Mustang VS Camaro Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Official Mustang VS Camaro Thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2